Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Cookie!

I love food coloring bottles. They're just so festive.
Plus, their little caps look like gnome hats!
Before I eat my Christmas pizza, which is regular pizza with the word Christmas attached, here's a last minute Christmas cookie recipe...like really last minute because it's 8:45 on Christmas Eve. What are you doing reading this? Maybe a better question would be: What am I doing writing this? True story: I came home from work and played with Matilda and then fell asleep on the floor for 45 minutes, so I'm just getting around to this now. It's fine.

Cornflake Wreaths
1/2 cup butter
50 large marshmallows
5 cups cornflakes
1 tsp vanilla
green food coloring
red hots


Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the marshmallows and cook on medium heat until melted. Keep an eye on them because once they start melting they can burn pretty quick. Stirring is a good idea. Add the vanilla and food coloring. How much food coloring? That, my friend, is up to you. But I add food coloring until everything starts looking vaguely Ninja Turtle-ish. Remove from heat and add the cornflakes. Stir, stir, stir, until everything is nice and coated. Let the mixture cool for a bit or you'll burn the crap out of your hand skin during the next step.

A piece of wax or parchment paper will be your work surface. Use a little butter or Crisco on the paper and on your hands. Gross? Maybe you think so now, but if you choose not to go that route, you'll regret it. Believe me. After the mixture has cooled a few minutes, grab a clump and shape it into a wreath. Keep doing this until your pot is empty. Now you'll add the red hots. I like 3 per wreath. That's it! Give them time to cool completely and you're ready to go.









Well, that was loads of fun. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...