Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday, Sunday

I slept really late today. Really. Like to the point where I didn't know if I needed to start my day with breakfast or lunch. (Matilda had brunch.) That's what happens when you stay up late, especially when time suddenly jumps ahead on you. Still, all is well--today is the one day this week when I can sleep in, so kudos to me.


The plan was to spend my post-Bonnie & Clyde late night watching a good horror movie, but I couldn't really decide what I wanted, and also I have a tendency to allow myself to get really freaked out--off the deep end freaked out, like checking-in-the-closets, re-locking-the-doors-and-windows, staring-out-the-darkened-window-waiting-for-movement freaked out (with a sleepy cat beside me). So, I didn't end up watching a horror movie. Probably for the best because I ended up dreaming about being stuck in an abandoned school and having evil spirits try to take possession of my body while I slept. (Yup, dreaming about sleeping.) Furthering the dream terror was the dream fact the evil spirits took the form of several types of large worms, which attempted to burrow into my flesh. And just how to escape when the stairwell is crumbling away?


Yeah.


You might remember how utterly paranoid I am about anything burrowing into my body and incubating. Not cool. It wasn't exactly a restful night. So the super-daylight was welcome when I finally roused myself.


Hey, does that count as an entry in my Washington State Department of Dreams Dream Log? I think it does. One down. Only a million to go.


Since I've been thinking about the Milwaukee trip, I thought I'd add a couple photos taken at the Milwaukee Art Museum. I was sort of obsessed with hands that day.

This hand belongs to Alexander van der Capellen, 1626  as painted by Pieter Claesz. Soutman.

This hand belongs to Cardinal Antonio Sersale, 1750 as painted by Francesco de Mura.

These hands belong to Dr. Karl Schwarz, 1916 as painted by Lovis Corinth.

This hand belongs to Moses, 1648 (obviously, he didn't sit for this portrait).
Painted by Phillippe de Champaigne. 

These hands belong to St. Catherine and they mean business, the Lord's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...