Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Mixtape: Dark & Deep


For the past several years, I've exchanged Halloween mixtapes with my friend Dan. I don't know if I've assembled enough new Halloween-ish songs to send him a full cd this year, so I might end up quitting the tradition. Terrible! But that doesn't mean I can't share some of my favorites with you. Maybe you have a big party coming up and your playlist is lacking songs which feature gravelly-voiced outcasts singing about murder, mayhem, and general bad behavior. Well, fear no more. Here are some suggestions for deep, dark audio gems to set the Halloween mood.

1. Fresh Blood, The Eels
2. She's My Witch, Kip Tyler
3. Psychotic Girl, The Black Keys
4. And When I Die, The Heavy
5. Right Hand, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
6. I Put a Spell on You, Marilyn Manson
7. Summer Breeze, Type O Negative
8. Paint It Black, The Rolling Stones
9. The House of the Rising Sun, The Animals
10. Ghostrider, Rollins Band
11. Where Did You Sleep Last Night, Nirvana

Nick Cave bonus: Hiding All Away

Check out my other Halloween mixtapes: Creepy Sleepies, Old School Ghouls, Vintage Villains, Instrumental Ills, and Country Killers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...